History: Young Expert at Deltares - Indonesia
YEP period 2014 - 2016, batch 4
Position after YEP
Project officer at Deltares IndonesiaYEP Role
I worked as a local Young Expert for Deltares. I focused on hydraulic aspects, especially for flood hazard mapping in Jakarta. To generate the network system for flood hazard mapping, I had to deal with some software like GIS and SOBEK. I also needed to understand the drainage systems, how they were connected, and the operation system and what causes the floodings.
- Research skills in physical modeling and data analyzing
- Technical skills regarding water engineering
- Good observation and hard working
Education: Bachelor in Civil and Environmental Engineering (2008-2012) and Master in Hydro Engineering (2011-2014), Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia.
Experience before YEP
I graduated from Master Degree on October 2014 and started to work for Deltares on November 2014. I spent most of my time in researches when I was studying in Master Degree and had some publications:
- “Simplified debris force due to tsunami on a rectangular column”, presented in the 19th IAHR-APD Congress, 21-24 September 2014, Hanoi, Vietnam
- “Debris Forces on Rectangular column due to Tsunami”, presented in the 4th MSD in Yogyakarta, Indonesia, 8-9 September 2013
- “Reduksi Gaya Tsunami pada Bangunan Terlindung dengan Variasi Porositas dan Jarak Pelindung”, presented in the 29th PIT HATHI (Indonesian Association of Hydraulics Engineering), Bandung, Indonesia, 19-21 October 2012