Young Expert at Meta Meta - Ethiopia
YEP period 2014 - 2016, batch 4
As Project Officer, I provided support to the Branch Office in the Central Rift Valley. Moreover, I worked in the Central Rift Valley which focused on the area of the Sustainable Land and Water Programme (SLWP) of the Netherlands-based Sustainable Trade Initiative (IDH). The programme closely collaborated with major floriculture and horticulture actors to address water quantity and quality issues in the lakes basin, as well as related issues such as soil fertility management. The aim was to foster sustainable land and water development in the Central Rift Valley, by promoting economic development opportunities while safeguarding critical ecosystem services.
Click here for more information about my project
As a watershed manager, I have willingness and ability to perform field work within a watershed and spend extensive time in remote areas when supporting stakeholders at local level (I have the ability to work under challenging circumstances that is stress tolerance). I can diligently execute my assignments in an organization. I have high sense of responsibility; sound judgment and ability to work harmoniously with people of different educational and cultural background (I enjoy working with others to organise the details and operations well in advance to get the job done). I have practical commitment, respect, integrity, diversity, facilitating change, developing teams, initiating action, strategic decision making, planning and organizing, leading through vision and value. I deal with the outer world by living a planned and organised life (I am better in judging) and the way I make decisions is thinking (preference for organising and structuring information to decide in a logical and objective way). I am logical, decisive and tough-minded and use concrete facts in systematic ways. Regarding my work style, I critique programs in a logical, objective way, organise the process to achieve goals, monitor to determine that that job is done correctly, task oriented and committed, focus on efficiency and productivity.
- Research MSc degree in Watershed Management at Hawassa University, Wondo Genet College of Forestry and Natural Resources
- BSc degree in Natural Resources Management from the same University (Hawassa University, Wondo Genet College of Forestry and Natural Resources)
Experience before YEP
- Project Officer within Sustainable Land and Water Programme (SLWP) at Horn of Africa Regional Environment Center and Network (Addis Ababa University)
- Program Coordinator for Kundudo Afforestation Project in Menschen for Menschen foundation in Eastern Hararge Zone of Ethiopia, Gursum Woreda Funded by Germany
- Program Officer for Watershed Management in Progynist indigenous local NGO in SNNPR of Ethiopia, Guraghe Zone, Meskan Woreda Funded by HoA-REC & N
- Forest protection, development and utilization expert in East Shoa Zone, Adami-Tulu Jido Kombolcha woreda Agricultural and Rural Development Office of Ethiopia
- Natural resource department team coordinator (process owner) in East Shoa Zone, Adami-Tulu Jido Kombolcha woreda Agricultural and Rural Development Office
- Mineral and Energy Resources Development Office, Head in West Arsi Zone, Shala Woreda of Ethiopia
- Rural energy expert in natural resource department of West Arsi Zone, Shala Woreda agricultural and rural development Office of Ethiopia