YEP TeamProgramme Bureau
YEP is implemented by a the YEP Programme Bureau. The YEP Programme Bureau coordinates the implementation of the programme and manages the funds. The Netherlands Water Partnership (NWP) acts as the Programme Bureau's lead agency.
The Programme Bureau's main duties are:
- the management of the programme
- informing, selecting and checking seconding organisations and allocation of funds
- the development and implementation of a training and coaching plan for Young Experts,
- the YEP alumni network, and
- the recruitment and selection of the Young Experts.
Public Private Partnerships
YEP Programmes consists of YEP Water, YEP Agrofood and YEP Energy. These are Public Private Partnerships (PPP) involving the Ministry of Foreign Affairs departments – the Inclusive Green Growth Department (IGG) and Personnel and Organisation Department (HDPO). Additionally, for YEP Water this PPP includes the Netherlands Water Partnership (NWP), for YEP Agrofood the Food & Business Knowledge Platform, and for YEP Energy the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO).
Parties in the Dutch water, agrofood and renewable energy sector
YEP meets the water, agrofood and energy sectors' need for Young Experts who have acquired international experience. The seconding organisations not only invest in young talent that can be deployed within their organisation, but also assist in the development of a network for the future , the creation of a pool of talented professionals and, ultimately, increase the sustainability of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ approach to selected development cooperation and the number of opportunities available for cooperation. The water, agrofood and energy sectors and the government make joint investments in the training of Young Experts.
The parties in the Dutch water, agrofood and energy sectors which take part in the programme (the organisations) assist YEP by making their expertise available for courses and providing facilities for training and on-site visits.
The Steering Committee supervises the YEP Programme Bureau. The Steering Committee is comprised of five members:
- An independent chair: Mr J. Oomen, Consultant
- A representative on behalf of the water sector: Ms M. Kreijns, Director of The Green Village at TU Delft
- A representative on behalf of the agro & food sector: Mr W. van Vliet, Director of Larive International
- A representative on behalf of the renewable energy sector: Ms. C. Gribnau, Programme Director Green Society at Hivos
- A representative on behalf of young professionals: Ms A. van der Woude, Programme Manager at the Centre for the Promotion of Imports from developing countries at NL Enterprise Agency, alumna Young Expert
The Steering Committee supervises the allocation of grants in accordance with the partnership’s regulations. The Steering Committee supervises the Programme Bureau's performance of its duties and issues recommendations on the efficient and effective implementation of the programme.